WHO CAN ACCESS & USE SPEC'D STUDIO?
Spec’d Studio is a B2B serving the Fashion industry by operating a curated member only Digital Accessory Design Template and Print Library for Fashion Professionals only.
WHAT IS THE SPEC'D LIBRARY?
Also known as the Design Library, it showcases high-quality Accessory Design Techpack Templates ranging from Handbags to SLG, as well as individual components (pockets, overlays, belts, straps, zipper pulls, braiding/whipstitching patterns, along with just about any other design elements you can add to a handbag.)
The Spec’d Design Library is ever-growing and updated with new designs on a monthly basis. We’re also scheduled to include shoes, jewelry, and 3D printable hardware designs, and one-of-a-kind prints.
All Techpack Templates are created by Spec’d Studio’s Design Team of seasoned fashion professionals.
HOW DO I SUBSCRIBE?
- Upon selecting the respective BUY button, you’ll be instructed to read our SUBSCRIPTION TERMS & CONDITIONS before completing your registration and purchase. (Please know that by completing the purchase of a subscription, you thereby agree to our terms and conditions.)
- Once you’ve selected your BUY button of choice, you’ll be asked to complete a brief registration form.
- When you’re done filling the form, just select the Paypal button.
- If you have a paypal account simply login to finish the transaction.
- If you don’t have a paypal account, don’t worry, simply enter an email address or mobile number, as directed, and you’ll be led to input your credit card information and complete your subscription order. (If desired, you can also create a Paypal account on this page.)
- Once you purchase a subscription you’ll receive:
- Confirmation Email - Whoo hoo, Welcome to the party!
- Activation Email - Click the link to select a username and password.
- Discount Email - If you’ve purchased an Artiste, Visionnaire, or Enfant Terrible subscription, this 3rd email will include your respective discount code (10%, 15%, or 20%).
HOW DO I DOWNLOAD SPEC’D TECHPACKS?
Immediately upon purchase, your order confirmation will contain a download link that will redirect you to SendOwl:
Additionally, you’ll receive an email confirmation that also contains a download link.
All Techpacks in the Spec’d Design Library are created in Adobe Illustrator and sold as downloadable Ai formatted files.
- All downloads are facilitated via SendOwl, our digital product fulfillment provider.
You’ll have 3 DAYS TO DOWNLOAD the file before the link expires. During these 3 days, you’ll have 2 DOWNLOAD ATTEMPTS.
- But fear not if you miss your download window. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Once we verify your purchase and confirm it’s not yet downloaded, we’ll be happy to help!
When emailing us about any download issues, please include your ORDER NUMBER in the subject line. Provide as much detail as possible within the email body and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours!
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SPEC'D TECHPACKS?
Please read our SUBSCRIPTION TERMS & CONDITIONS for full detail, but here’s the snapshot in the meantime:
ONLY EXCLUSIVE TECHPACKS AND PRINTS MAY BE SUBMITTED TO FACTORIES AS-IS, given their one-of-a-kind nature.
- All Spec’d Techpacks available via the Design Library, however, are created as TEMPLATES ONLY for you to build from without having to create from scratch and so that you can save time.
- All Design Library Techpack Templates are created for you to easily customize, revise, and adapt to your brand’s look and message, but are NOT INTENDED FOR FACTORY SUBMISSION AS-IS (i.e. without customization).
- While we pride ourselves in delivering Techpacks that are formatted to be factory ready, they should NEVER BE SENT WITHOUT CUSTOMIZATION from you.
Bear in mind that all of our Techpacks currently listed in the Spec’d Design Library are sold as NON-EXCLUSIVE designs, therefore, there WILL BE OTHER USERS DOWNLOADING THE SAME FILES.
The first page of each Design Library Techpack includes an ADVISORY to remind you of this.
- Should you choose to send a Design Library Techpack to your factory as-is and without customization, you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK. Please read our SUBSCRIPTION TERMS & CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PURCHASING A SUBSCRIPTION & PURCHASING TECHPACKS. (As a reminder, by completing the purchase of a subscription, you thereby agree to our terms and conditions.)
WHAT'S IN A SPEC'D TECHPACK FILE?
As mentioned, all Techpacks are sold as Illustrator Ai files which include the following features:
- Full-sized drawings, each saved as individual symbols.
- If the full-sized drawings/symbols are larger than the artboard size, they are reduced to fit the artboard, but the original drawings/symbols are always saved on the last artboard.
- Any full-sized drawings/symbols that do fit into the artboard are already denoted as “Full Size” in the top left corner of each page.
- First page is always the Color Chart Page featuring:
- Advisory to remind you that our Techpacks are TEMPLATES ONLY, upon which you are to customize and adapt for your own designs.
- BOM (Bill of Materials) for you to complete as needed.
- Concept CAD of the design with reference color/material combo. This drawing is not always full-sized, as it’s a SUGGESTION ONLY.
- Header saved as symbol. Simply double click to customize date, page number, season, collection, designer, style name and number, as well as whether this is a first-round sample or second-round sample.
- The remaining pages will include full-sized drawings/symbols with measurements in metric, construction details, and sometimes reference photos for the factory to understand.
- Hardware Key is also saved as a symbol on each page’s top right corner. Double click to access and customize.
- Artboard sizes are either set at Tabloid (11”x 17”) or A4 sizes but can be easily changed to the size that works for you.
- Each Techpack is formatted to have 4 working layers of
- ARTWORK - All full-sized drawings/symbols and references photos are saved in this layer.
- TEXT - All text including descriptions, header, and construction details are saved here.
- MEASUREMENTS - Everything you need to know about product dimensions is in metric. We find that metric measurement is much more accurate and easier for factory to follow. Hardware key is saved under this layer.
- WATERMARK - Created as its own layer so you can easily delete or hide while you work.
WHAT IS THE SPEC'D CONCIERGE DESIGN SERVICE?
The Spec’d Studio Concierge Design Service is available to all subscriptions, including Pay Per Download (PPD) and works as follows:
- Upon request, one of our designers will be available for hire to help you in your design process, working as both a conceptualizer and a technical designer. Think of this service as something you can utilize to help you customize the Techpacks, design custom elements for you, or simply act as a technical consultant to brainstorm ideas with.
- If you’re based in the Greater NY area, the designer is available to work onsite at your location. But if you’re based outside of this area, then our designer will be available to work with you remotely via video or phone conference.
- Spec’d Studio’s Concierge Design Service is available for a separate hourly rate with a fixed number of hours allotted per month for each subscription level:
- Pay Per Download (PPD)
- 4 Hours per/month
- $75 per/hour
- 8 Hours per/month
- $60 per/hour
- 10 Hours per/month
- $50 per/hour
- Enfant Terrible
- 12 Hours per/month
- No additional charge (Yay!)
Spec’d will bill for this service upon completion of allotted time.
Should you require additional time from our designer to finish a project or a design, on a case by case basis Spec’d Studio will work with you to explore additional time options. This extra time will also be charged on an hourly basis and will be based on your subscription level.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SPEC'D EXCLUSIVE DESIGNS & PRINTS?
On a monthly basis, our design team will create trend-conscious and original design Techpacks for Enfant Terrible subscribers. These Techpacks will not be published in the Design Library and will be available only for private review via a custom viewing page. Any Exclusive Techpacks will be available on a one-time sales basis and will be first-come, first-serve.
Subscribers will have 2 weeks from initial exclusive page access to make a purchase.
Spec’d Studio’s Design Library will expand to include Original Prints (Graphic Placement and Repeat Prints) in the near future. Every single print will be sold as an Exclusive Design in either Illustrator file or Photoshop.
Exclusive Techpack & Print Note: Given the one-of-a-kind nature of these items, they are the only products that may, indeed, be submitted for factory production as-is.
HOW DO I UPGRADE, RENEW, OR CANCEL A SUBSCRIPTION?You can easily upgrade, renew, or cancel a subscription anytime by signing in to Manage Membership.
WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ISSUE?
For all things subscriptions, don’t hesitate to email email@example.com!
WHAT ARE SPEC'D BILLING & PAYMENT TERMS?
The subscription fee is billed on a monthly basis to the preferred payment method you provide.
To purchase Techpacks in the Design Library, we accept all major credit cards processed by Shopify, as well as Paypal payments. Should you run into problems with your purchase please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IS YOUR RETURN, EXCHANGE, & REFUND POLICY?
Sales for All Products are final and there will be no return or exchange.
Requests for exceptions to this rule will be evaluated on a case by case basis, especially as pertain to:
- Corrupted Digital File. In this case please take screenshots or record a short 5-10 sec video and email us at email@example.com with a detailed description of the problem. If we are able to re-issue the correct version of the file via email, we will not be issuing a refund. If the problem persists we will issue a refund for the amount charged to your payment method on file.
- Purchased The Wrong Techpack By Mistake: As long as the file is not downloaded we will issue you a refund. Please be mindful that if there are more instances of wrongful purchases than reasonably warranted, we will temporarily suspend your account and get in touch with you to work out a solution.
- Unauthorized Access: If someone uses your account and purchases Techpacks without your permission, please contact us immediately and we will temporarily suspend your account and investigate the incident. Once our investigation has proven illegal usage of your account, we will issue a refund and a new activation link for you to create a new account and password. On this note, please do not share your account username and password with anyone under any circumstance! This is your hard-earned access.
DOES SPEC'D STUDIO COLLECT & SAVE MY INFORMATION?
HOW DO I CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION?
We hate to see you go but we understand that life happens! You can cancel anytime by simply emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and writing "Cancellation Request" in the subject line, as well as letting us know your reasons for cancelling.
We will then send you a confirmation email and terminate your account immediately.
Please note, however, that we do NOT refund charges for any remaining time in a cancelled subscription. So please DO NOT WAIT to be charged for a new month before cancelling!
WHAT IF I HAVE A QUESTION THAT'S NOT ANSWERED HERE?
Don't hesitate to CONTACT US!